Dream Graduate Job Alert!
January 17, 2018
Dream Graduate Job Alert! Brighter Group, a Finn Partners Company, is recruiting for a superstar in the making to join its growing team. 80% of this role will be dedicated to Brighter’s South African Tourism account, so this is a fantastic opportunity to work on the one of the world’s leading destinations. The remainder will be spent on other Brighter accounts.
The Brighter Group is one of the UK’s leading travel PR and marketing agencies with a varied portfolio from tourist boards to hotel groups, tour operators to airlines. We recently became part of globally recognised PR agency Finn Partners which has a head office in New York and our London office is in trendy Shoreditch. We are a team of 20 in the travel practice and 50 combining all practices in the London office. We have a lively, friendly, fun and collegiate team culture matched with a hard-working ethos focused on achieving the best results for our clients. In essence, we work hard and play nice.
The ideal candidate should have an energetic and proactive approach, a passion for travel, strong organisational skills and a desire to create an incredible little black book of travel and lifestyle media contacts. You should be a team player who is willing to learn. There’s no better first job in travel PR…
The core responsibilities of the role will include:
- Supporting the wider PR team on day to day activities
- Monitoring the media
- Collating and evaluating media coverage
- Assisting with campaigns
- Getting involved in research
- Drafting press releases
- General administrative support
- Regular maintenance of timesheets
- Keeping media lists up to date
- Attending industry events and networking
- Establishing relationships with media
Candidates should possess the following key skills
- Enthusiasm and desire to be involved in and understand to the UK media and PR
- General awareness of the PR campaigns of tourism destinations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for travel and the tourist and hospitality industry
- Willingness to build media and trade contacts in relevant fields
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Attention to detail, organisation and confidence are all a must
- Resourceful and innovative
- Team player
- IT skills
The position offers a competitive salary along with a range of benefits including private healthcare and dental, subsidised gym membership and plenty of opportunities for training and career progression.
This is a great opportunity to work on a prestigious tourist board account within one of the UK’s leading travel specialist agencies.