Associate Digital Media Director
Boston, MA Full Time
Small Army, a Finn Partners Company, is seeking an Associate Digital Media Director to leads its digital media strategy, planning and buying efforts. This individual must be passionate about digital media and hungry to maximize its potential for clients and the agency - not only leveraging existing channels/approaches, but actively exporting new and evolving digital opportunities.
This individual must be a collaborative, self-starter who is excited about leveraging their digital experience, while also continuing to learn, educate others and manage impactful media programs. The successful candidate will also possess the ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities while managing client expectations, timelines and coordination between various resources
- Leads digital media strategy, planning, buying, reconciliation, reporting and optimization.
- Delivers timely, insightful and accurate media campaign reports
- Develops and mentors team members including training, oversight and workload management
- Creates a positive team culture alongside the Director by helping to develop, motivate and manage the team
- Builds and maintains successful key client and vendor relationships (agency liaison)
- Keeps group up to date on current and emerging online media trends, technologies, and processes
- Drives collaboration and communication across both the team and agency as a whole
- Supports Media Director in forming overall media strategy based on client goals/objectives (especially digital component) and collaborates on budget allocations
- Ability to develop and present well-constructed and thoughtful digital media strategies and plans to clients to clearly demonstrate thinking, recommendations and associated rationale.
- Expertise in managing and implementing campaigns across all digital media channels, including programmatic, direct-to-publisher, social media, video, native, SEM, etc.
- Familiarity and appreciation of non-digital/traditional media channels
- Ability to review and analyze campaign/media metrics, and craft reports that make sense of the data and provide clear recommendation for associated solutions.
- Skilled at building strong client relationships and instilling trust and authority on behalf of the agency
- Ability to manage and mentor junior staff to help them progress in their careers
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and managerial skills with attention to detail
- Problem-solver, with ability to move quickly between tasks, and think clearly under pressure
- Can collaborate and work effectively in an integrated agency environment
- Ability to manage timelines, projects and personnel alongside or on behalf of Director
- Flexible and able to keep up with a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
- Has a working knowledge of the latest cutting-edge media tools and emerging media trends
- Has outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Proven track record of strong day to day management of clients, internal team members and outside vendors
- 6+ years' previous agency experience desired, with emphasis on digital specifically
- Prior experience managing a team
- Any certifications such as Google Ads or Analytics is a plus
- Experience managing non-paid digital media channels a plus (i.e., email marketing, organic social, SEO)
- Please be ready to share examples of prior work (plans, reports, POVs, etc)
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2015, "Best Agency to Work For" in 2013 and "Best New Agency" in 2012 by the industry's Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has approximately 500 employees, with offices in Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco and Washington D.C., and has additional international capabilities through its own global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners.