VP – Health, Public Relations (Chicago)
Chicago, IL Full Time
Join the healthcare agency of the year! We offer a unique opportunity: the chance to contribute your passion, energy and talents in an entrepreneurial environment while collaborating, learning and growing your career with an amazing global team of more than 700+ colleagues in 18 offices around the world.
We’re looking for an experienced HEALTH communications leader to join our Midwest team in CHICAGO, working closely with our regional and global practice team. This person would join our award-winning global health team working with leading and innovative pharma and biotech companies, as well as health providers, health systems and payers. The full-time role requires strong client and team leadership skills and the ability to retain and develop business, as well as deep connections across the healthcare sector, including the media and influencer landscape. The ideal candidate has prior public relations agency leadership experience with bio pharma and healthcare campaigns for clients.
- Maintain incredible agency-client relationships and trust, providing counsel on strategic matters; potentially serving as the senior contact for the client
- Work with agency teams and specialists to build integrated digital campaigns
- Lead development of insight-driven strategic platforms and media activations that meet client business and communications objectives and goals
- Develop earned media strategies, goals, media targets, pitch angles and media materials that are strong in both structure and AP style, and require minimal input from senior team leadership
- Play a pivotal role in business development, both net new and organic, including soliciting new business, creating presentations, sharing the agency visions and point of difference
- Serve as day-to-day client contact managing overall timeline and budget, establishing position as the client’s “go to” person in all matters related to program execution
- Provide counsel and offer problem-solving solutions throughout program execution.
- Participate in new business networking and RFP opportunities
- 8-12 years of experience in a healthcare practice of an agency or within the marketing or communications department of a biopharmaceutical and/or medical device manufacturer
- Experience in pharmaceuticals and biotechnology product approvals, launches and ongoing campaigns a must; experience with payers and provider organizations a plus
- Understanding of both the healthcare and digital landscape a bonus – the team uses this knowledge to push our healthcare clients forward in the digital and social space, including a firm understanding of the current regulatory environment for pharmaceutical companies
- Demonstrated track record of developing and implementing strategies/content platforms and concepts that simultaneously leverage paid, earned, shared, and owned influence channels for clients
- Knowledge of digital health trends, patient, HCP, and caregiver online behavior
- Knowledge of regulatory environment as it pertains to unbranded programs
- Knowledge of top-tier traditional and social healthcare media outlets important to clients’ business
- Passionate about the healthcare sector and continually focused on strengthening client relationships, ensuring they know our agency and team value
- Have an understanding of integrated marketing directed toward both consumers and health professionals
- An unflappable problem-solver who can anticipate and proactively offer solutions to clients and senior leadership; anticipate problems before they arise through regular client check-ins and communication
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication that is clear, concise and direct
- Track record of leading effective campaigns and programs that have advanced client business goals
If you are a fit for this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners is a global communications agency, made up of 10 practice areas with 700+ colleagues in 18 offices worldwide. The firm offers a full-service approach including integrated public relations, content creation, social, digital marketing and research services. Founded in New York in 2011 by Peter Finn with an innovative new model in which entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and partnership drive client success and sustainable agency growth, the firm delivers world class client service, coupled with best-in-class employment practices, to produce award-winning work and a rewarding culture. Check out some of our great benefits here. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those in whom we have a greater interest.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed here.
- Health Dental & Vision
- Vacation / Sick Days
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Work From Home
- Fuel for Thought
- Family Paid Leave
- Wellness Benefits