JUNIOR COPYWRITER (BOSTON)
Boston, MA – Full Time
Junior Copy Writer
Small Army, a FINN Partners Company, has an opportunity for a Junior Copywriter with 6 months to 2 years’ experience at an ad agency or in-house agency. Must have an online portfolio of work/spec work that demonstrates their ability to develop conceptually driven ideas and content for digital, print, broadcast and social media campaigns.
** During the COVID pandemic our employees are working remotely. When our CEO indicates it is time to return to our regular in-office settings, this role will be based within our Boston, MA office. **
- Develop creative concepts across all channels for a variety of industries, that are on strategy and on tone for the brand’s personality.
- Distill complexity into consumer-friendly content in a variety of formats including long format, traditional media, broadcast, digital and social media.
- Write in a variety of styles and voices and maintain a consistently high standards of work.
- Write copy from concept through to completion based on input from client, agency team, and personal research.
- Be highly organized and complete all assigned work correctly, on time and regularly report the status of projects to your team leader.
- With approval and guidance from your team leader, monitor all materials through all stages of pre-production and production.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions with your partner and other creative team members.
- Participate in and contribute to new business activities of the agency, as assigned.
- Manage a full plate of assignments across all marketing channels (broadcast, print, digital, etc.)
- Embrace a team culture, built on positive, productive working relationships.
- Effectively present work to your team leader, staff and clients.
- Must have 6 + months of in-house marketing department / in-house agency, or external ad agency experience working on integrated brand copywriting projects.
- Must have a portfolio of work to present at time of job application, that demonstrates copy writing work history, technical proficiency, and copywriting capabilities.
To Apply for This Position:
Please apply by uploading your resume, cover letter, your portfolio (with samples of your professional work) and indicate your target salary in US Dollars.
About Small Army and Finn Partners:
Small Army (smallarmy.net), a FINN Partners company, is a 30 + person marketing and creative service agency in Boston MA, that helps brands build relationships with people through storytelling. Their work focuses on the core belief that storytelling can strengthen relationships between brands and customers. Small Army works with a range of clients and industries to tell brand stories in an immediate, lasting, and impactful way.
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2020 and in 2015, "Best Agency to Work For" in 2013 and "Best New Agency" in 2012 by the industry's Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has over 800 employees, with offices in Chicago, Boston, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco and Washington D.C., and has additional international capabilities through its own global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.